Career Opportunities at Gate Precast Plants and Engineering Offices
Gate has multiple precast plants and sales offices throughout the eastern half of the United States and has become one of the largest and most diversified producers of architectural and structural precast, prestressed concrete.
The value of a company is established by its people. The people of Gate Precast strengthen design-build from intangible to real. Regardless of the project’s size, scope or complexity, Gate’s personnel can enhance the entire construction process. Their experience and expertise contribute added value for customers.
Their dedicated team employs the latest technology and systems from engineering and design to delivery and execution. The combination of total technical support and meticulous, hands-on quality control ensures that Gate’s work regularly meets and often exceeds expectations.
Gate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EXPERIENCED ENGINEERING MANAGER — HILLSBORO, TX
Gate Precast recently established an engineering department at its architectural precast production facility in Hillsboro, Texas and is in need of an experienced Engineering Manager to continue to build, train, and manage a staff of engineering, drafting, and BIM professionals. The potential candidate will be a registered Civil/Structural Professional Engineer with a background in the design of Precast/Prestressed Concrete and be a self-starting, proven leader.
Experience and knowledge should include:
- Conventional reinforced concrete design
- Post-tensioned and prestressed concrete design
- Insulated sandwich wall panel design
- IBC, ASCE, and other building codes
- PCI and ACI design requirements
- Seismic, hurricane, and blast force design
- Stripping and handling, and shipping and erection analysis
- Design of production and handling equipment
Software – Autodesk Revit, LEAP PRESTO, RISA-3D, LECWALL, Mathcad, and Excel are all used extensively in Gate engineering offices.
Periodic travel to jobsites and customer’s offices will be required as well as maintaining a presence in the production facility.
For further information about Gate Precast Company go to www.gateprecast.com. Send resume and salary history to email@example.com.
DRAFTING AND BIM MODELING
Gate Precast Company has drafting and BIM modeling openings at multiple locations. Gate has engineering offices at each of their precast concrete plants located in Ashland City, TN, Hillsboro, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Kissimmee, FL, Monroeville, AL, Oxford, AL, Pearland, TX, and Winchester, KY, and satellite engineering/drafting offices in Brentwood, TN, Jacksonville, AR, and Lexington, KY.
Successful candidates will create production piece drawings and field erection drawings of architectural and structural precast/prestressed concrete systems for office buildings, schools, hospitals, stadiums, warehouses, and other commercial and institutional projects using Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
An associate’s degree in computer aided design and drafting or equivalent experience is required. Candidates must be highly detail oriented with an ability to meet tight deadlines. Preferred candidates will have experience detailing precast concrete products.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
MASTER MOLD BUILDER — GATE PRECAST COMPANY, OXFORD, NC
Builds molds by studying blueprints and specifications; setting-up and operating equipment; verifying dimensions; assembling and finishing components
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and studying work orders, blueprints, drawings, sketches, specifications; checking equipment and tools; planning layout
- Cuts and shapes wood components by determining appropriate methods for cutting, shaping, and assembling parts; setting-up and operating equipment, including power saws, planers, sanders, lathes, jointers, routers, and nailers; measuring and marking materials; verifying dimensions; trimming parts using hand tools, including planes, chisels, wood files, and sanders.
- Assembles units by attaching parts and components using fasteners and adhesives; verifying dimensions; trimming and adjusting parts.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and legal regulations, including Material Safety Data Sheets, Occupational Safety and Health Act, and Environmental Protection Act.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions and established procedures; calling for repairs.
- Controls costs by conserving use of equipment and supplies. Maintains quality production results by following organization standards.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and committed team player, willing to work in a fast paced and exciting environment. Experience with a precast manufacturer is highly preferred. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:
Attention: Travis Fox, Mail: Gate Precast, 3800 Oxford Loop, Oxford, NC 27565
CARPENTERS, CONCRETE WORKERS AND GENERAL LABORERS
Gate Precast Company has full-time positions for Carpenters, Concrete Workers and General Laborers at its precast concrete plants located in Hillsboro, TX, and Winchester, KY. Concrete and construction experience preferred but not required. Excellent benefits. Interviews Daily. Apply on site. EEO employer.